Sunday, March 8, 2015

Kodatrace and Screen Printing

 
After my trip out to London I became inspired to draw from my own photos, using different medias. Once I had decided which drawing I would like to print onto a cushion I decided to start my Kodatrace design. I chose my drawing of Big Ben to put onto my Kodatrace because its such an iconic building and I think it would look effective for a cushion design.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Once I had put my Kodatrace onto a screen I then began to dye fabrics and print on them. Both of my samples have a tie dye effect for the background and then I have printed my design with black pigment for both samples. I am really pleased with how my design turned out because its detailed and looks effective on the tie dyed backgrounds.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment